The steps that you take to transfer a call depend on two things:
1. The phone system software that you are using, and
2. The device that you are using
In all examples, party A is you, party B is the recipient of the transfer and party C is the customer.
Using 3CX - Attended/Consultative Transfer
Note: This assumes Attended Transfer is enabled for your extension. If you would like to enable attended transfer, please contact us.
- Party A answers call from party C.
- Party A presses the BLF key for party B. This places party C on hold and creates a new call to party B.
- Party B answers the call, and agrees to accept the transfer.
- Party A presses the Transfer button. Party A is disconnected, and parties B and C are connected to each other.
If party B does not answer, press End Call and then Resume to retrieve the call with party C.
Steps for your phone/system not listed here?
Let us know! You can raise a case with our team by clicking here. We'll let you know how to perform a transfer and then add the steps to this article for everyone to enjoy.