The 3CX Web Client is a web-based softphone that allows full telephony functionality without the need to install software on your computer.
There are prerequisites that need to be met in order to use the 3CX WebClient. If you are having issues with the 3CX Web Client, please check and ensure that all prerequisites are met.
- Supported Browsers
- Google Chrome
- Supported Platforms
- Mac OS
Other browsers/platforms may work, however, Yamo will not be able to provide end-to-end support if you are using them.
How to access the 3CX WebClient
1. Find your 3CX welcome email by searching your emails for "Welcome to 3CX". You can resend your welcome email by checking this guide.
2. In the welcome email, scroll down to "Your Extension Details" or "Your Communications Dashboard - The Web Client". Note down the extension number and the password.
3. Click the link next to "To login from outside the office, go to". Log in with your extension number and password that you just noted down.
4. Install the 3CX browser extension by clicking the appropriate button in the top-left of the WebClient screen. Click on Install 3CX Browser Extension then select Add to Chrome.
5. Once added, enable the 3CX browser extension by clicking the appropriate button which is highlighted in red in the top-left of the WebClient screen. The 3CX web extension should pop on your screen showing all the extensions in the phone system.
If there are any general issues with the web client, please check the following steps first.
- Ensure that you are using a supported browser and a supported platform, as per Prerequisites heading above.
- Ensure you have installed the 3CX Browser Extension, and that it is enabled. You can install the browser extension by clicking "Install Browser Extension" in the top-left of the Web Client and enable it by clicking "Enable Browser Extension" in the same spot. If the extension is installed and enabled, you will not see this message.
- Update your web browser to the latest version, on Google Chrome this can be done by accessing This link and on Firefox this can be done by following these steps.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies. For Firefox, instructions can be found here and for Google Chrome, these can be found here.
If there are further issues, please reach out to our staff through a support ticket.