All 3CX editions include web meeting functionality. A web meeting is a video or audio conference held with people inside or outside of your organization.
How to create an ad-hoc web meeting
- In the 3CX Web Client, click WebMeeting in the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Once you have tested your devices and joined the meeting, you can obtain a shareable link by navigating to the top right and selecting the Copy the meeting link button.
Alternatively, you can add participants by email address by clicking the button just to the left of the "Copy the meeting link" button.
Schedule a planned meeting
You can also create a meeting or conference at a later date using the "Schedule Conference" tab (just above the "WebMeeting" tab). In this tab, complete the following information to set up your scheduled meeting.
- Type of Conference/Meeting (this can be Audio or Video)
- When this occurs (This can be now or a planned date and time)
- The Subject of the Meeting
- Any notes to the participants
- The Calendar to use (such as Google, 3CX or Outlook)
- Add participants if using the 3CX (direct email) calendar
Click Create meeting when done.
[Note]: Depending on the selected Calendar, something different will happen when the meeting is created.
- If using the 3CX calendar, participants will be emailed directly by your phone system with a calendar event attachment that they can add to their calendar.
- If using Google, Office365, etc., your calendar will open in a new tab, on the new event screen, prefilled with all details. Simply add your participants in the calendar event and create the event as you normally would.
Example of the Schedule Conference page.