If you have access to the management console, you may have the ability to create and edit extensions on your phone system. To read more about the difference between the Web Client and the Management Console, please click here.
Creating an extension
Once you have logged into the management console (an example link to the console is https://yourcompanyname.3cx.com.au:5001/) click on extensions. This is the main area where you will be able to add and remove extensions. To add an extension, follow these steps:
- Click on the +Add button (located under the extensions header)
- The next few bits of information that need to be added are:
- Extension number (there are some numbers that shouldn't be used, for example, 000)
- First and last name
- Email address (This is important as they will receive an email with their login details)
- If they are using a handset, you would also need to add the phone in the "Phone Provisioning" tab
- Click on add and find the handset they will use
- Enter the MAC address of the phone
- Update the "Provisioning Method" to "Direct SIP (STUN - remote)
Once you have completed that, click on ok and their extension will be saved. From there they will receive their welcome email and download for the 3CX softphone.
Removing an extension
In order to remove an extension, you would need to select the extension through the checkbox on the left of the extension (shown below) and from there click on the delete icon
If there are any issues or any questions, please reach out to our support team here and we can assist.