As part of the FreePBX systems, you have the ability to update call recordings through the phone system through a feature code. This is a code that allows you to dial a specific action or recording.
Updating through a feature code
In order to update your recording this way you will need the following:
- A Phone or softphone that is connected to the system you would like to update
- The feature code for that specific announcement
- Any passwords for this code that are set up
Once you have the above information, please follow the below steps to update your recording:
- On the phone, dial the feature code and if applicable enter in the password.
- You will hear the recording and once this has been completed you will hear several prompts, to re-record, press *, once you have it will then prompt you with a beep to record the message. Once completed you can listen by pressing 1, save it by pressing 2, to re-record press *
- You will then be prompted to wait while the recording is saved. The prompt will say thank you when it has been saved.
If you require any of the above credentials please reach out to our team here and we can assist you.