This guide will go over a few common VoIP phones and how to factory reset these. Factory resetting a phone can be completed for a number of reasons such as:
- Changing systems and to set up auto-provisioning
- In the event that the phone isn't booting as expected and to reenter the credentials
- return the phone to factory settings to be set up from new
T Series (T1, T2, T3, T4 and T5)
To factory reset a T series Yealink follow the below steps:
- Power on the device
- Once this has loaded, hold down the "OK" button until the message "Reset to factory settings?" appears
- Press "OK" or "Yes" depending on the model
- The phone will take a few minutes but will reset to factory once this has been completed.
3XX Series (300, 320, 360, 370)
To factory reset a 3XX series Snom follow the below steps:
- Once the device is powered on, please press the following keys:
- Volume UP
- Volume DOWN
- Once completed this will reboot the phone and the device will be reset.
D1, D3, 7, D7, 8 and MP series
If you have one of the above-listed devices please follow these steps to factory reset the device:
- Power off the device
- Hold the # key and power on the device.
- Keep # held until the message "Rescue Mode" appears
- Press 1 to select "Settings reset"
- Once the phone has restarted it will be returned to factory settings.
If the above steps did not resolve your issue, you can raise a case with our team by clicking here. We may verify that you have completed the above steps, so don't forget to try!