Welcome to your new 3CX system with Yamo. As part of the initial set-up, we have emailed all users with their welcome email. If you or anyone hasn't received this, please reach out to our support team and we can send you an updated copy. Once you have a copy of your welcome email, please follow the below steps to set up your extension.
All communication tools are in one interface with the web client. You can use chat to communicate with colleagues and clients, join or host conferences, and have the ability to make and receive calls.
Logging into the Web Client
Please note that you need to meet the following prerequisites to use the 3CX WebClient. You must use either Google Chrome or Firefox and this is supported on Mac OS or Windows. Other platforms or browsers may work, however, we will be unable to provide end-to-end support if you are using them.
- Locate your welcome email, from there, locate the "Your Communications Dashboard" section, this includes a link to the WebClient from outside the office, please click this link.
- Login using the extension and password that are located in this section.
- Click the keypad icon in the top right of the WebClient to bring up your keypad and begin making calls.
Optional Chrome extension
The chrome extension allows you to have a pop-out window for your softphone. This can also be brought up by clicking the phone icon under the extension section in the top right of your google chrome window. You can install this in the following method.
- Open the Web Client and click "Install 3CX Browser Extension", alternatively, you can also click here to be brought to the Chrome Web Store and download it from there.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the extension.
- Back on the Web Client, click on "Activate Extension" and you are good to go.
Note: You can remove this by clicking on Manage extensions in your chrome window and toggling the 3CX extension off, then reloading the web client (ctrl+shift+R)
The 3CX Softphone is a windows application that you can alternatively use. Due to the frequency of updates and the portability of the WebClient, we do recommend that over the 3CX Softphone. However, this can be used as a standalone softphone on your windows computer. To install this, you will need to download the Windows app from your welcome email. We have also attached the link here.
- Download and install the 3CX for Windows application.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the windows application, your welcome email will have a 3CX configuration file. Downloading this and opening this will configure your account on the Windows 3CX Softphone
If there are any general issues with the web client, please check the following steps first.
- Ensure that you are using a supported browser and a supported platform, as per Prerequisites heading above.
- Ensure you have installed the 3CX Browser Extension, and that it is enabled. You can install the browser extension by clicking "Install Browser Extension" in the top-left of the Web Client and enable it by clicking "Enable Browser Extension" in the same spot. If the extension is installed and enabled, you will not see this message.
- Update your web browser to the latest version, on Google Chrome this can be done by accessing This link and on Firefox this can be done by following these steps.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies. For Firefox, instructions can be found here and for Google Chrome, these can be found here.
3CX for Windows
The most common areas to check in the 3CX for Window app relate to sound, this is managed through the audio devices section.
- Click on the settings cog in the bottom right and then click on "Audio Options"
- Once in this menu, you can see and adjust the microphone and speaker settings. For the best experience, these settings should be set to the same device. Different devices are known to have some issues such as the inability to hear when using split devices.
If there are further issues, please reach out to our staff through a support ticket.