These steps are performed in the 3CX Management console. This article will go over the steps required to create an extension on your 3CX system.
In order to create an extension there are some requirements you need to meet:
- Access to the 3CX management console for your company
- The user information (name and email address)
Steps to create an extension
- Log in to your 3CX management console. If you do not have access to the management console, please reach out to our team here and we can enable this for you.
- Navigate to your Extensions tab and click on the blue Add button
- Enter all user details, here you want to ensure that you enter the following:
- Extension number
- The first and last name
- E-mail address
- Outbound Caller ID (Optional)
- Next, navigate to the voicemail tab. Here you can enable or disable voicemail. On this tab, you are able to set up voicemail to email.
- Click Ok on the top of the page to save this extension. This will send a welcome email to the user's email address.
From here, they will receive a welcome email from 3CX. In order to log into the WebClient, they must click on the Outside the office link as shown below:
If you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to create a ticket and our team will be able to assist you in your request.
If there is any way we can improve this article please let us know by adding a comment below, we will happily take all feedback on board.