This guide is designed to go over registering an extension with a physical phone. For information on registering a softphone, please click here.
Before attempting to set up your phone you would need to have the following credentials:
- Domain - This is the URL of the phone system
- SIP Username & Authorisation username - This references the extensions number.
- SIP Password - This is the password of the extension.
- Handset login details - These are the default login credentials. These should be admin/admin
- After logging into the phone navigate to the Account page
- Ensure that it is set to Enabled.
- Fill in all the information:
- Label - This can be the name of the user.
- Display Name - This would also be the name of the user.
- Register Name and Username - Both of these would be the extension.
- Password - This is the password of the extension
- SIP Server 1 Server Host - This would be the domain URL
- Click Ok.
After a few moments, the register status should show as registered. The phone is now ready for use.
If the above steps did not resolve your issue, you can raise a case with our team by clicking here. We may verify that you have completed the above steps, so don't forget to try!
If there is any way you believe we can improve this article please let us know in the comments below.