Please Note: Queues require a professional license for 3CX. If you do not have this license and are a Yamo customer, please click here and let us know, we can then look at upgrading this for you.
These guides assume you use Yamo as your VoIP solutions expert when creating tickets. Yamo provides low-cost and powerful phone systems for businesses of all sizes. If you are not using Yamo as your VoIP provider you can reach out to us here and have a chat.
This guide goes over how to set up a queue on your 3CX system through the management console.
Creating the queue
Once you have logged into the management console click on the Call Queues from there follow the below steps:
- Click on the blue +Add button to create a new queue. This will use the next sequential number as shown below with the default values
- Fill in the required fields:
- Name - Please pick a friendly name so you can identify this later
- Extension - This automatically populates and doesn't need to be edited
- Polling Strategy - This is the way you want the queue to operate, the most common are Prioritized Hunt and Ring All
- Prioritize Hunt - This rings the agents one at a time in order, moving to the next agent at the end of the ring time
- Ring All - This rings all available agents for the duration of the ring time
- Once you have filled this out, you would also need to select the Destination if no answer below. This is where you would like the call to go if no one is able to answer the call.
Adding agents to the queue
Once you have finished on the general tab, please select the Agents tab to the right.
- Click on the blue + Add button
- Find the agent you wish to add to this queue and select them
- Click Ok to add them to the list
Once you have finished adding in all the agents you need to this queue, clicking the blue Ok button on the top will save your changes.
Removing agents from the queue
To remove an agent from the queue, please follow the below steps:
- Select the queue you would like to remove someone from
- Select the Agents tab
- Find the agent you wish to remove
- Click the x on the right side of their name
- Click the blue Ok button to save your changes.
If the above steps did not help in resolving your issue, Yamo customers can click here to raise a case with us.
If you are not a Yamo customer and would like to have a chat to see how your business can benefit from expert support and advice like this, click here to book an obligation-free consultation and quote where we can discuss your business needs with one of our experts.
If there is anything you feel that we can add to improve this article please let us know in the comments below.